How to Get Hitched: A 12-Step Program for Marriage-Minded Women
Money? In the bank.
To the casual observer, marriage in America may appear to be falling out of fashion. After all, we’re constantly deluged with stories about the merits of singlehood and even the joys of being childfree.
But if flying solo is so great, why are online dating sites a billion-dollar industry, replete with clients looking to get hitched?
In How to Get Hitched (and Stay Hitched): A 12-Step Program for Marriage-Minded Women, author and marriage coach Suzanne Venker exposes four lies the culture tells and provides a detox to redress the false messaging women have absorbed about men, sex, marriage, work and family.
This is not a book about marriage, per se. It's a book about how to incorporate marriage, if that is what you want, into your life plan.
In fact, if you're currently in college or you're a recent grad, you still need this book even though you may not have marriage on your mind. Because a lasting marriage and a balanced life begin long before you say "I do."
In this 12-step program, you will learn:
- Why your twenties matter and how to make the most of these years
- How to date with purpose and a plan
- Why living with a man to whom you’re not engaged is a massive mistake
- Facts about your fertility no one will tell you
- Why love alone is no reason to get married
- A brand new way to balance work & family
The Alpha Female’s Guide to Men & Marriage: HOW LOVE WORKS
America is in love with the alpha woman. She's the quintessential modern woman: assertive, razor sharp and fully in control. Her success in the marketplace is undeniable, a downright boon to society.
But what happens when the alpha woman gets married?
She becomes an alpha wife, of course.
An alpha wife is in charge of everything and everyone. She is, quite simply, the Boss. The problem is, no man wants a boss for a wife. That type of relationship may work for a spell, but it will eventually come crashing down.
In this book, you will learn:
- Why your femininity is crucial to the success of your marriage
- How men think and why they behave as they do
- The essential skills you need to bring out the best in your man
- How to shift gears from boss woman to wife
Women Who Win at Love: How to Build a Relationship That Lasts
Since the day they were born, women have been told they “don’t need a man,” that women are superior to men, and that sex differences have no basis in biology.
None of that is true.
In Women Who Win at Love, author and marriage coach Suzanne Venker, along with John M. Townsend, Ph.D., expose the lies you’ve been fed for political gain and share the secrets you need to know about male and female nature, sex and desire, marriage and commitment.
In this book, you will learn:
- The 8 dating rules that lead to marriage
- Why super successful women struggle in love
- What men want and what women want (hint: they’re not the same)
- Why love alone is not a reason to get married
- How to avoid the green grass syndrome
- Why acting like a man lands women in a ditch
You must be logged in to post a comment.